14 Swimming Pool Safety Tips to Protect Your Child
Every parent must know swimming pool safety rules to protect their children when they are learning to swim. Don’t leave your kid alone near swimming pools, if you need to leave even if it’s for just a few minutes, then make sure that someone is watching your child on your behalf. Unattended child near swimming pool can be very dangerous. Here you can find a list of safety tips so that your kids can enjoy swimming. Follow these simple safety tips to protect your children.
- Never leave your child unattended in a swimming pool or Jacuzzi and don’t leave them alone near any bodies of water. In case you are unable to watch, then arrange a designated supervisor who can take care of your kids when they are at swimming pool.
- Keep your children away from pipes; pool drains and other things like bore holes, wells, potholes, etc.
- Make sure that all swimming pools or Jacuzzi uses drain covers that abide with federal standards.
- Keep your cellphone close to you if you are also swimming with your children.
- If a child is missing, check near pool or Jacuzzi first.
- Give your kid some swimming coaching classes before you take him/her to the swimming pool.
- Learn few basic life saving tips so that you can help in case of pool emergency.
- Don’t allow your kids go night swimming.
- Don’t let your children eat or chew gum while swimming, it can be hazardous.
- Take your children to bathroom frequently while swimming and tell them not to swallow the pool water.
- Put floatation devices on toddlers and babies.
- Don’t leave your kid alone on an inflatable toy.
- Don’t allow your children dive in the pool.
- Finally, wash your children with soap and shampoo after they come out from the pool to remove chemicals.
The best way to protect your children is by teaching them swimming pool safety rules and how to alarm others if there is any danger. Teach them all safety rule and how to follow the rules while swimming in a pool.