What Not to Pack for Your Trip
Knowing what to bring and what to leave behind can be one of the more difficult things about packing for a trip. In many cases, the goal is to pack as lightly as possible, especially when traveling by air in order to avoid checked bag and weight limit fees. Check out these tips to see what you can pull out of your suitcase to save room and pack smarter:
Be Creative With Clothes
Clothing will inevitably take up the most space in your luggage, but with some creativity you can bring down the amount of clothing items needed.
You may feel the urge to bring more clothing than you need so that you have different outfit options. Instead, pack only the number of outfits necessary. Bring clothing items in neutral colors that can be mixed and matched in the subsequent days or weeks to form new looks. For longer trips, buy travel size detergent and do laundry.
Shoes can take up quite a bit of space so try to select pairs that will go with lots of different outfits and can be worn multiple times so you don’t need to bring quite so many.
You may also feel the need to pack for any weather potentialities but instead, check the weather forecast and pack just what would be required. If the weather ends up being drastically different from the forecast, you can buy a jacket, coat or rain boots at your destination.
Leave Behind Jewelry and Other Valuables
Taking jewelry and other valuables on a trip adds to your luggage but can also be risky as tourists and foreigners are prime targets for theft. If you want to have something nice to wear to a formal dinner or some such event, limit yourself to one item and make sure to keep it safe throughout your trip. When flying, make sure to pack your valuables in a carry-on item in case your checked luggage ends up getting lost.
Don’t Go Crazy with Gadgets
In today’s world, our lives are filled with gadgets that make life easier. Phones, tablets, laptops, music players, e-readers, noise machines, and coffee makers may all be a part of your daily routine, but you don’t necessarily need to bring them all with you. Ask yourself if you can get by without having some of your essential gadgets for the duration of your trip and then only pack what you absolutely depend on having. Make sure to take into account what accessories each item may also require such as spare batteries or chargers when making your decision.
Don’t Bring Your Whole Beauty Routine
If you are the sort of person who has many different products involved in their beauty routine, you may want to consider being more minimalistic during your trip so you don’t have to pack quite so many things. Traveling is a time to be adventurous and do things differently. Be open to letting go of some of your beauty habits. For instance, using a shampoo/conditioner combo can help you save space without ruining your look.
Want to become a packing genius? Check out even more packing tips from Budget Travel.
- The Perfect Meeting Room
- Golfing in St. George
- The Importance of Eating Breakfast
- Surviving the Winter Cold
- Upcoming Performances at Tuacahn
- How to Enjoy Hotel Arrest
- Weddings and St. George
- St. George's Pioneer Past
- Snow Canyon State Park, St. George
- Packing Hacks for Road Trips
- Broadway Shows Under the Stars
- 2017 Events in St. George
- Dining in St. George
- Family-Friendly Activities in St. George
- Tips for Traveling With Toddlers
- More Things to Do in St. George
- Top 5 Must-Do Hikes Near St. George
- Shopping in St. George
- Golf Courses in St. George
- Why Play Golf
- Getting Fit with Golf
- Where to Host Your Event in St. George
- How to Enjoy Your Vacation
- Choosing a Travel Destination
- Must-Visit Road Trip Spots in Utah
- Top 4 Road Trip Tips
- 20 Ways to Save Money on and for Travel
- How to Save Money on Gas
- Vacation Checklist - 4 Things You Shouldn't Forget
- Swimming Pool Safety Tips
- Training for the St. George Marathon
- 12 Helpful Travel Tips
- 6 Tips for Traveling Safely
- Keys to Packing for a Weekend
- Packing Tips for Active Travel
- Stay Healthy and Fit, Even When You Are Away
- Start Your Day Right with a Good Breakfast
- Local Spotlight - Tuacahn Center for the Arts
- Top Travel Apps for a Pain-Free Trip
- Plan Your Vacation By Choosing What Not to Do
- Exploring Southern Utah’s World Class Parks
- What to Do in Case of Inclement Weather