Start Your Day Right with a Good Breakfast
Everyone grew up knowing that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s one of those things that people accepted because it sounded right, and the fact that every adult was saying the same thing reinforced the idea. We were all content in thinking that this was because the body needed food after starving through the night, but it turns out that isn’t quite true.
Breakfast is still important, but this generation has the benefit of actual scientific support to explain why they need to eat first thing in the morning. Doctors and nutritionists point to several benefits people enjoy when they regularly eat breakfast. But there’s a select group of advantages that get the most lip service; there are two in particular that people never seem to lose interest in.
The most topical, as well as the most misunderstood, of the two is weight control. The confusion comes from people’s assumption that process is another term for weight loss. This isn’t weight loss, not even the greatest nutritionist in the world can manage to create a plan that helps people lose weight as they eat.
Doctors needed to spread the word about weight control because there were so many people skipping breakfast to avoid the carbs of the meal. But, instead of losing weight, skipping meals actually causes people to gain weight as it slows their metabolism and holds onto food longer in anticipation of the lack of food. Eating breakfast assures the body that there will always be food, and that it can burn as much as it wants.
When a body is hungry it doesn’t just go through physical discomfort; this also has an adverse effect on concentration. People who skip breakfast often find it more difficult to stay alert, or maintain a positive attitude. It eventually becomes a detriment to work, and performance suffers, leading to even worse moods. Eating breakfast is the first thing people can take to have a better day, and there isn’t anyone in the world who doesn’t want that.
Fortunately, we can make it easy for people to satisfy their nutritional needs through our free breakfast amenity that all of our guests can take advantage of. If you’re looking for a place to stay in St. George, look no further. Explore the rest of our website for the other services and amenities we have to offer our guests and book a room at Clarion Suites St. George today.
- The Perfect Meeting Room
- Golfing in St. George
- The Importance of Eating Breakfast
- Surviving the Winter Cold
- Upcoming Performances at Tuacahn
- How to Enjoy Hotel Arrest
- Weddings and St. George
- St. George's Pioneer Past
- Snow Canyon State Park, St. George
- Packing Hacks for Road Trips
- Broadway Shows Under the Stars
- 2017 Events in St. George
- Dining in St. George
- Family-Friendly Activities in St. George
- Tips for Traveling With Toddlers
- More Things to Do in St. George
- Top 5 Must-Do Hikes Near St. George
- Shopping in St. George
- Golf Courses in St. George
- Why Play Golf
- Getting Fit with Golf
- Where to Host Your Event in St. George
- How to Enjoy Your Vacation
- Choosing a Travel Destination
- Must-Visit Road Trip Spots in Utah
- Top 4 Road Trip Tips
- 20 Ways to Save Money on and for Travel
- How to Save Money on Gas
- Vacation Checklist - 4 Things You Shouldn't Forget
- Swimming Pool Safety Tips
- Training for the St. George Marathon
- 12 Helpful Travel Tips
- 6 Tips for Traveling Safely
- Keys to Packing for a Weekend
- Packing Tips for Active Travel
- Stay Healthy and Fit, Even When You Are Away
- What Not to Pack for Your Trip
- Local Spotlight - Tuacahn Center for the Arts
- Top Travel Apps for a Pain-Free Trip
- Plan Your Vacation By Choosing What Not to Do
- Exploring Southern Utah’s World Class Parks
- What to Do in Case of Inclement Weather