Plan Your Vacation by Choosing What Not to Do
When planning your next vacation in St. George, it may be beneficial to consider what sort of activities you should avoid doing while on vacation. Who hasn’t felt overwhelmed with the amount of options available to them on their vacation to-do list? It can be tempting to try to cram so much into your vacation that you end up not spending your time wisely. Be sure to budget your time and make realistic daily agendas that account for contingencies and weather. In the interest of keeping things simple, let’s take a peek at a few things to avoid while on vacation to maximize your rest and relaxation.
Unplug and use gadgets as little as possible
We’re all inundated with technology and sensory overload, so why not make your next St. George vacation tech-free? You may be surprised at what a little respite from technology will do to recharge and reenergize you on your time off. Leave messages and notifications with your contacts, including a contact phone number in case of emergencies only. This way, you can be sure to make the most of your vacation with loved ones while still being available should the need arise. Vacation is a chance to relax and unwind, and your job and life at home will be right there waiting for you when you return. You may be surprised at how much you enjoy your time away from connectivity.
Plan a theme for your vacation
Why not develop a theme for your vacation to help narrow down the variety of options that your stay in St. George will offer you? No matter what, you’re bound to enjoy a good night’s rest at Clarion Suites, so be sure to take advantage of all the outdoor activities that the area offers. Your sleep at night will have never felt better!
What sports teams are in the area? Maybe sports aren’t really your thing? Decide if attending a sporting event is something you and your loved ones might enjoy doing. If so, look into your available options and range of prices. If not, there are plenty of other outdoor activities to do in St. George!
With a world-class entertainment venue like the Tuacahn Center for the Arts in nearby Ivins, it is very tempting to see a concert, play or musical. The same goes for the arts as sports. If your family is up for it, then the shows at Tuacahn will not disappoint. If another activity would better suit your needs, then no need to worry as there are a variety of entertainment options available near your St. George hotel.
Visit the National Parks
One of the many bonuses of vacationing in St. George is its relative proximity to so many beautiful national parks. With Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, Bryce Canyon and Zion all within a few hours’ drive from St. George, exploring one of Utah’s best natural resources, its national parks, is a great way to spend your vacation. Everything from family-friendly day trips to laid-back hikes to world class adventure trips are at your fingertips when you stay in St. George. People come from all over the world to visit these parks, and with good reason. When you book your hotel in St. George, make sure to save at least a day to see some of the most spectacular sights on Earth. Talk to locals or search online for ideas and itineraries to maximize your Utah National Park visit.
With all of the outdoor recreational opportunities as well as culture and dining, there are a lot of different options of things to do while in St. George. Thinking and planning ahead about what it is that you don’t want to do will not only help you narrow down your vacation itinerary, but also help you to focus, prioritize and maximize the benefits of your relaxing vacation in St. George!
- Hiking in Snow Canyon State Park
- Unique Sites in the St. George Area
- Hiking in Zion National Park
- The Perfect Meeting Room
- Golfing in St. George
- The Importance of Eating Breakfast
- Surviving the Winter Cold
- Upcoming Performances at Tuacahn
- How to Enjoy Hotel Arrest
- Weddings and St. George
- St. George's Pioneer Past
- Snow Canyon State Park, St. George
- Packing Hacks for Road Trips
- Broadway Shows Under the Stars
- 2017 Events in St. George
- Dining in St. George
- Family-Friendly Activities in St. George
- Tips for Traveling With Toddlers
- More Things to Do in St. George
- Top 5 Must-Do Hikes Near St. George
- Shopping in St. George
- Golf Courses in St. George
- Why Play Golf
- Getting Fit with Golf
- Where to Host Your Event in St. George
- How to Enjoy Your Vacation
- Choosing a Travel Destination
- Must-Visit Road Trip Spots in Utah
- Top 4 Road Trip Tips
- 20 Ways to Save Money on and for Travel
- How to Save Money on Gas
- Vacation Checklist - 4 Things You Shouldn't Forget
- Swimming Pool Safety Tips
- Training for the St. George Marathon
- 12 Helpful Travel Tips
- 6 Tips for Traveling Safely
- Keys to Packing for a Weekend
- Packing Tips for Active Travel
- Stay Healthy and Fit, Even When You Are Away
- Start Your Day Right with a Good Breakfast
- What Not to Pack for Your Trip
- Local Spotlight - Tuacahn Center for the Arts
- Top Travel Apps for a Pain-Free Trip
- Exploring Southern Utah’s World Class Parks
- What to Do in Case of Inclement Weather