Must-Visit Road Trip Spots in Utah
Utah is a beautiful state and has a little something for everybody. If you are traveling by car to St. George, you may want to stop at some of the other beautiful sights and spots along the way. Here are some of the best locales to hit up on a Utah road trip.
The Great Salt Lake
Whether you are visiting the Spiral Jetty or Antelope Island, the Great Salt Lake is a must-see natural wonder, and it is also one of the saltiest bodies of water in the world. There are various hikes and places to mountain bike, among the different islands, within the Great Salt Lake. There is a plethora of wildlife that live on the islands within the lake, including many different types of birds, antelopes, deer and bison that you can watch. You can also take part in other activities, such as kayaking, sailing and even swimming. Whether you want to visit for a few hours or the whole day, you won't get bored at the Great Salt Lake. You can even spend the night camping at Antelope Island before you hit your next road trip destination!
If you are looking for a beach destination, Bear Lake is the way to go. The clean beaches are the ideal place to relax and swim. Bear Lake is the perfect place to get a little adventurous. If you are into watersports, Bear Lake offers rentals of fishing boats, jet skis and other fun water toys. They also offer OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) rentals. Campgrounds are located at Bear Lake if you wish to stay the night as well.
The National Parks
To be able to see five National Parks in a lifetime is amazing, but to be able to see five on a single road trip is something else! In Utah, you can do just that. Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef and Zion National Park are all located in Utah. Although they are located at various spots around mid to southern Utah, you can usually find one generally close to where you are traveling. And all are unique in their landscape, even though they are all located in Utah. Here's an article about how to hit up all of the Utah National Parks on one road trip!
Salt Lake City
Travelers have a lot to see in Salt Lake City. Spend a day at the historic Temple Square, or shop at the Gateway or City Creek shopping center. Depending on the time of year, you can also see different shows by Ballet West or a Utah Jazz game at the Vivint Smart Home Arena. If you are traveling with kids, the Hogle Zoo is a very popular family destination in Salt Lake. Here is a great site for more information on the abundance of things to do in Salt Lake.
This is the location of the world-famous Sundance Film Festival, but even if you aren't visiting during the festival, there is still a lot to do. Park City is a very picturesque town that offers lots of shopping, dining and concerts. Other activities include hiking, spending a day at the spa, going for a hot air balloon ride and even a super-fast bobsled ride. In the winter, you can enjoy the day skiing or snowboarding at the Park City Mountain Resort. Learn more about the things to do in Park City.
The Hot Springs
If you are looking to unwind and relax after long hours on the road, the Hot Springs are perfect for you. There are a few different natural hot springs located all across Utah. A few include the Diamond Fork Hot Springs, Homestead Crater and Mystic Hot Springs. Just be aware that some require a fee for admission. It is a good idea to look them up before you head out!
With all of the amazing sights Utah has to offer, it can be hard to get it all in during just one road trip. No matter where you decide to go, all of these locations are fun, and there are even more things to experience in Utah. So have fun and make sure to stay safe on your next road trip across Utah! Come stay with us at Clarion Suites when you get to St. George!
- Hiking in Snow Canyon State Park
- Unique Sites in the St. George Area
- Hiking in Zion National Park
- The Perfect Meeting Room
- Golfing in St. George
- The Importance of Eating Breakfast
- Surviving the Winter Cold
- Upcoming Performances at Tuacahn
- How to Enjoy Hotel Arrest
- Weddings and St. George
- St. George's Pioneer Past
- Snow Canyon State Park, St. George
- Packing Hacks for Road Trips
- Broadway Shows Under the Stars
- 2017 Events in St. George
- Dining in St. George
- Family-Friendly Activities in St. George
- Tips for Traveling With Toddlers
- More Things to Do in St. George
- Top 5 Must-Do Hikes Near St. George
- Shopping in St. George
- Golf Courses in St. George
- Why Play Golf
- Getting Fit with Golf
- Where to Host Your Event in St. George
- How to Enjoy Your Vacation
- Choosing a Travel Destination
- Top 4 Road Trip Tips
- 20 Ways to Save Money on and for Travel
- How to Save Money on Gas
- Vacation Checklist - 4 Things You Shouldn't Forget
- Swimming Pool Safety Tips
- Training for the St. George Marathon
- 12 Helpful Travel Tips
- 6 Tips for Traveling Safely
- Keys to Packing for a Weekend
- Packing Tips for Active Travel
- Stay Healthy and Fit, Even When You Are Away
- Start Your Day Right with a Good Breakfast
- What Not to Pack for Your Trip
- Local Spotlight - Tuacahn Center for the Arts
- Top Travel Apps for a Pain-Free Trip
- Plan Your Vacation By Choosing What Not to Do
- Exploring Southern Utah’s World Class Parks
- What to Do in Case of Inclement Weather