How to Enjoy Being Stuck on "Hotel Arrest"
Weather, exhaustion and other unforeseen circumstances can leave you caught up in your hotel room more frequently than you anticipated, giving you plenty of extra time to kill. But rather than simply channel-surfing or playing on your phone to pass the time, here are some ways you can make the most of being stuck on “hotel arrest.”
Scenario #1: Exhaustion
It’s just past 6 p.m. and you and your family have returned to your hotel room after dinner. You are much too exhausted to hit the town again, so you decide that you are gonna call it a night. But what do you do with those rowdy kids who still aren’t tired despite your long, adventurous day?
Answer: Visit the pool
This is a great place for the kids to get some energy out, and it doesn’t require much effort on your part. You can sit poolside and relax as you read a book or watch your kids. You can even take a dip in the pool or hot tub yourself!
Scenario #2: Penthouse
You came to St. George with the intentions of spending the days outdoors, enjoying the scenery and fresh air. But mother nature has had different thoughts. After getting rained out, you and your kids have been pent up inside your hotel room the entire afternoon. How are you ever going to make it through the evening?
Answer: Watch an in-room movie
This is the perfect way to keep the kids satisfied and take your mind off the rain. With plenty of movie options to choose from, there won’t be any problem finding one that everyone will enjoy. And with a microwave in every Clarion room, you can even make popcorn!
Scenario #3: Downtime
You are in St. George for a business trip and currently have some time to kill. You are tired of surfing the web and are beginning to feel pretty unproductive now that you have scrolled through your Facebook news feed for the third time this morning. But how can you actually make the most of your time?
Answer: Visit the fitness room
Physical activity is one of the best ways to destress and positively boost your mood. With a complete fitness room at Clarion, (which includes a treadmill, stair stepper, nautilus machine and stationary bike) you will certainly find some satisfaction in exercising the time away.
Scenario #4: Night hours
It’s a long weekend, and your family has made the journey to St. George just to get away. You’ve already hit the driving range, played a round of 18 holes, visited Kolob Canyon and gone on a couple hikes. But now that it’s dark out, you are back at the hotel with nothing to do. How are you going to satisfy the members of your family who are still up to do something?
Answer: Play games
Games are a great way to pass the time and are often a lot of fun. This is why it is always a good idea to bring some along with you on road trips. Playing cards are easy to carry and can be used for literally hundreds of games, but you might also consider bringing some board games if you have the room. Classic family card games include Slapjack, Crazy Eights and Play or Pay.
- Hiking in Snow Canyon State Park
- Unique Sites in the St. George Area
- Hiking in Zion National Park
- The Perfect Meeting Room
- Golfing in St. George
- The Importance of Eating Breakfast
- Surviving the Winter Cold
- Upcoming Performances at Tuacahn
- Weddings and St. George
- St. George's Pioneer Past
- Snow Canyon State Park, St. George
- Packing Hacks for Road Trips
- Broadway Shows Under the Stars
- 2017 Events in St. George
- Dining in St. George
- Family-Friendly Activities in St. George
- Tips for Traveling With Toddlers
- More Things to Do in St. George
- Top 5 Must-Do Hikes Near St. George
- Shopping in St. George
- Golf Courses in St. George
- Why Play Golf
- Getting Fit with Golf
- Where to Host Your Event in St. George
- How to Enjoy Your Vacation
- Choosing a Travel Destination
- Must-Visit Road Trip Spots in Utah
- Top 4 Road Trip Tips
- 20 Ways to Save Money on and for Travel
- How to Save Money on Gas
- Vacation Checklist - 4 Things You Shouldn't Forget
- Swimming Pool Safety Tips
- Training for the St. George Marathon
- 12 Helpful Travel Tips
- 6 Tips for Traveling Safely
- Keys to Packing for a Weekend
- Packing Tips for Active Travel
- Stay Healthy and Fit, Even When You Are Away
- Start Your Day Right with a Good Breakfast
- What Not to Pack for Your Trip
- Local Spotlight - Tuacahn Center for the Arts
- Top Travel Apps for a Pain-Free Trip
- Plan Your Vacation By Choosing What Not to Do
- Exploring Southern Utah’s World Class Parks
- What to Do in Case of Inclement Weather