Golfing in St. George
With great year-round weather and numerous courses to choose from, St. George, Utah is certainly one of the best destinations Gin the west for those interested in golf. And with several great packages available through Clarion Suites, you are sure to get the best bang for your buck when you choose to stay with us during your next trip to St. George.
One of our most prestigious golf packages is our Sand Hollow package, which includes one night in a deluxe room, free deluxe hot breakfast and a round of 18-holes at the Sand Hollow Resort, including cart. Because package availability is limited, we encourage our guests to reserve their slots early. Please contact our golf package specialist at 877-533-8822 for pricing and availability!
Sand Hollow Resort
Sand Hollow Resort is located about 20 miles east of St. George, and is known for its spectacular scenic views and reliable golfing grounds. With three different courses to choose from and a variety of practice facilities, Sand Hollow has something for every golf enthusiast. And with a close proximity to other great family-friendly destinations, including Zion National Park and Sand Hollow State Park, it is the perfect place to start or end your day!
The Wee Course
The Wee Course at Sand Hollow Resort is the only par-3 course in Southern Utah. Holes range from 50-120 yards, which makes it the perfect course for the family to get in a quick game. This course will require players to bump and run, flop, chip and lob to keep their scores low, providing an entertaining round of golf for all.
The Championship Course
Consistently named by GolfWeek as one of the country’s best courses, the Championship Course at Sand Hollow certainly has a great reputation. Ranked 55th in the “Top 100 Resort Courses in the United States” for 2016, the course has also been the number one ranked course in the state of Utah for eight straight years. The course features a desert landscape and large greens with classic, Dixie-red sand bunkers. Making sure you bring your camera will be just as important as making sure you bring your clubs. View the course gallery.
Sand Hollow’s noteworthy Links Course reflects the origins of golf, with hand-built stone sheep fencing and other unique features. The 3,600 yard 9-hole course is home to the state’s largest greens and fairways and has the feel of an old-world course mixed with a desert landscape. This is blended perfectly with the natural sand dunes and rock formations. The course is a great option for all, since it is not intimidating for amateurs and will be a unique experience for avid players.
The practice facilities at Sand Hollow Resort include a full-length driving range (with multiple distanced target greens), practice bunkers, putting greens, grass-hitting surfaces and isolated teaching areas. This is the perfect place for those who are looking to improve their skills, whether they are amateur or professional. Private lessons, group lessons and clinics are also welcome.
- The Perfect Meeting Room
- The Importance of Eating Breakfast
- Surviving the Winter Cold
- Upcoming Performances at Tuacahn
- How to Enjoy Hotel Arrest
- Weddings and St. George
- St. George's Pioneer Past
- Snow Canyon State Park, St. George
- Packing Hacks for Road Trips
- Broadway Shows Under the Stars
- 2017 Events in St. George
- Dining in St. George
- Family-Friendly Activities in St. George
- Tips for Traveling With Toddlers
- More Things to Do in St. George
- Top 5 Must-Do Hikes Near St. George
- Shopping in St. George
- Golf Courses in St. George
- Why Play Golf
- Getting Fit with Golf
- Where to Host Your Event in St. George
- How to Enjoy Your Vacation
- Choosing a Travel Destination
- Must-Visit Road Trip Spots in Utah
- Top 4 Road Trip Tips
- 20 Ways to Save Money on and for Travel
- How to Save Money on Gas
- Vacation Checklist - 4 Things You Shouldn't Forget
- Swimming Pool Safety Tips
- Training for the St. George Marathon
- 12 Helpful Travel Tips
- 6 Tips for Traveling Safely
- Keys to Packing for a Weekend
- Packing Tips for Active Travel
- Stay Healthy and Fit, Even When You Are Away
- Start Your Day Right with a Good Breakfast
- What Not to Pack for Your Trip
- Local Spotlight - Tuacahn Center for the Arts
- Top Travel Apps for a Pain-Free Trip
- Plan Your Vacation By Choosing What Not to Do
- Exploring Southern Utah’s World Class Parks
- What to Do in Case of Inclement Weather